A delicious breakfast or protein packed treat for a busy day on the go.
- Place the dates in a bowl with boiling hot water and let them well for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Place muffin paper cups in a 12 muffin roasting tin.
- Strain the dates and mix in a blender until a smooth paste.
- Heat the coconut oil in the microwave until liquid, add to the dates.
- Whisk in the eggs, rosewater, baking powder, almond flour and almond milk.
- Fold in the blueberries and divide the mixture over the muffin tin. - Use other berries for variety if you like.
- Sprinkle some chopped almonds on top of each muffin.
- Cook in the oven for about 15-20 min, until golden.
- Leave to cool for 5 min and remove from the tin.
They are so good when eaten warm, but also when cooled down. They keep for about a week in the fridge or you can freeze them and reheat in the toaster when needed for breakfast another day.