Try this recipe for an easy to cook, delicious nutritious dinner. It’s made with easy to find fresh and stock items, perfect for weekdays.
Why not make more and have the left-overs for lunch, it tastes good when cold too, yum yum.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Slice the cauliflower vertically into 4 x 2,5 cm steaks and cut straight down through the core/stem. Lay the steaks flat on the baking tray and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the mixed herbs, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cauliflower steaks are golden, the edges will be slightly darker than the center.
- Put the lentils in a pan and cover with 3 times the amount of water. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until the lentils are tender. This varies but should take about 15-20 minutes. You may need to add a little more water, so keep an eye on the lentils while they are cooking. Alternatively, you can use canned lentils. They should be rinsed before use to get rid of excess salt.
- While the lentils are cooking prepare the rest of the salad by adding the tomatoes, onion, lentil sprouts and capers to a bowl. To make a dressing, mix the lemon juice and zest with the English mustard and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pour over the salad.
- Once the lentils are cooked, drain and add to the salad. If not using immediately, allow the lentils to cool down before adding to the salad mixture.
- Put the cauliflower steaks onto the plate and top with the lentil salad, garnish with flaked almonds and chopped coriander.