Enjoy this silken soup and the benefits of cauliflower, a cruciferous vegetable, packed with vitamins, fiber and low in carbohydrates, together with the gut-healthy leek, garlic and onion.
The freshness of the salsa verde really picks up the taste, while adding more anti-oxidant power.
Great to have for lunch or as a starter before dinner.
- To make the soup, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan, add the chopped leek, onion and garlic and cook stirring for 5-7 minutes until soft.
- Add the cauliflower and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or so until the cauliflower is tender.
- To make the salsa verde, add herbs, 4 tbsp of olive oil, lemon and water until the herbs are chopped and all ingredients are combined.
- Blend the soup until smooth.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with the salsa verde